Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Going, going, gone...

I watched the Homerun Derby last night... not all of it, cause it is INTERMINABLY LONG... but I watched a nice chunk of it nonetheless. It was difficult to tune out the incessant banter of Chris Berman's "backbackbackbackback" but I managed to do so for most of the evening and just catch the highlights. I was disappointed in Ryan Howard's showing, but I didn't expect him to put on the same show he did the previous year anyway. Oh well. I guess that players other than Phillies are allowed to win every once and a while... :-)

There's a great article by Jayson Stark on how to improve the Derby for next year...check it out if you have the chance. He is awesome, and I highly recommend anything he writes or says. He is fantastic and very insightful, not to mention entertaining.

No comments: