Saturday, December 8, 2007

Christmas in LAME-son (... I mean "Mason")

I thought it would be fun to go and do something as a family... and there's this event called "Christmas in Mason" that's about 45 minutes north of us. There were supposed to be carolers and a parade and Santa Claus and all kinds of fun events... even a parade where the doggies dressed up in Christmas outfits. I thought it would be fun.

"Thought" is the key word.

Can you say "Over Promise and Under-Deliver?"

It. Was. ROTTEN.

And I do not use the caps unsparingly. If there was a "Caps-Cap" I would use it here. Maybe this will give you an idea of how I feel about it...

HORRIBLE.ROTTEN.STUPID.POINTLESS (.com)

They should get that as their web address next year --
http://www.horrible.rotten.stupid.pointless.com

(I actually think I'll suggest that.)

It was raining a little, so I'm sure that took away from the festivities.... but it was really just a whole bunch of stores that stayed open later and a lot of teenagers walking up and down the street (4 blocks or so) throwing snowballs at each other. When the highlight of the evening is a 5-minute shuttle rider on a school bus, that's saying something.

Yeah, something ROTTEN. :-0

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

could have warned yah...sorry! :-)
you guys should go to the zoo's festival of lights w/ us. we had a lot of fun...we went this past Sunday when it wasnt freezing out, that's the key, going when it's not so cold out. we have membership and can get you guys in for free or at least one of you free and one at half price.