Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Comcast, Shmomcast

So I'm really impressed with our cable provider out here, Time Warner. Besides the fact that they have 24-hour, HELPFUL, FRIENDLY customer SERVICE, they have so far been able to fix everything wrong in a fairly timely manner. The cable modem kept going down on us (which is a little bit of a pain when you're trying to job-search), so I called Sunday night over the holiday weekend. I was on the phone less than 10 minutes and had an appt. Now, it did take a little longer than I wanted to get an appt (Wed AM), but since the problem was intermittant, we dealt with it.

Cooked a nice meal for us last night and it's starting to feel more and more like home... but we really do need to find me a job before it can really start to sink in. I still am trying to recover from all the house-fixer-uppering (sp?) and sometimes feel strange if I'm just sitting doing nothing. I've already replaced 3 of the lightbulbs here and have been unconciously looking for more home improvement projects around Debbie's apt. But I'm sure she doesn't mind...

We watched Stranger than Fiction last night with Will Farrell, Dustin Hoffman and Queen Latifah. Very odd movie, but very entertaining. It was one of those movies that you come away from wondering how in the world someone could have thought up that story line. Anyway, if you like Will Farrell, he's excellent in it... I highly recommend the movie. Just make sure you're not sleepy when you start watching it or it might be a little too weird to follow (think BEING JOHN MALKOVICH and you'll be in the right frame of mind).

What a long strange trip it's been...

No comments: