Monday, May 28, 2007

A New Day Has Begun

You may wonder where the old blog went...
Well, maybe not, since I never posted in it anyway. :-

I was getting ready to make an entry in my WordPress Blog and saw that there was a new version available. So I decided to upgrade... They teach you in I.T.101: "Never upgrade for at least 6 months to allow all the kinks to get worked out." There's a reason for that... my entire blog got wiped out and I was back to square one. So I figure now I'll let Google worry if things get screwed up, and I can complain to them and let them fix things instead of complaining to myself and doing all the work on my own to get things back up and running. Lazy? Kinda. But I'm allowed. :-)

Sarah and I arrived in OH on Saturday evening and are trying to get set up here at Chez Maurer -- we'll be living with Sarah's Mom Debbie for a while until we have our own place. The doggies are at home being watched by a friend from church and this coming week we're going to start looking for a place and a job for me. Good times. It's nice to finally be ready to start the new chapter in our lives. We're a little nervous and a little excited and a little homesick, but all is well. I'm sure things will start flying along quickly once we get going. We're just glad we're finally done with fixing the house up and have it on the market.

Since we are now in the land of Bob Evans, Cracker Barrel, White Castle, Graeter's Ice Cream and of course Skyline Chili, here are a few pix from our first few days out here (our digital camera is busted, so we'll need to get a new one in order to keep them coming). Can you tell we've been sampling the goods?

Be all you can be...

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Miss you guys already, glad the journey was relatively uneventful! (Veggie Tales, Veggie Tales...)