Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I'm in Racing Country

OK - so there's a lot going on, but I'll start with this tidbit... I'm back at Tom Raper when the woman that was hired a few days ago walked out. Now, I'm not a judgmental person, but what does that say about your work ethic? Maybe this is the reason she didn't have a job in the first place. Just sayin'...

Today at 6pm they are bringing in Aric Almirola to sign autographs here at Tom Raper RV. To me, that sounds like someone who should be judging a contest on Food Network, but apparently he's a driver on NASCAR or something. Go figure. They also have Tony Stewart's car out front, which is pretty cool. (I guess... it's in the trailer right now, but I'm assuming it's SWEEET)
[There are also a bunch of driver cards or something here that they are giving out... not to mention the 3 life-sized cutouts that adorn the halls of the showroom. Very surreal...]
House stuff moving along... our potential buyers have finally sent back the disclosures, but when they went to inspect the house, they said there were too many boxes in the basement to do an inspection. Very odd... our boxes are in the garage.... but regardless, our agent is working on a way around that. I think they are just being difficult -- or stupid (they keep calling our agent Mark, even though his name is Nathan). Hopefully we won't have to move anything out of there... or I may have to call in some favors from friends back in the DC area...you know who you are!

Had a meeting with a recruiter today who was very helpful...I have a ton of homework and netowkring to do.Apparently in Cinci it's all about WHO you know and not WHAT you know. I've gotten the same tips from a number of people, so I'm going to start following up on some of those leads.

"Everybody's Workin' for the Weekend..."

No comments: