Monday, June 4, 2007

Who Can It Be, Now?

This Men at Work song is definitely going through my head now. Started working today at Tom Raper RV and was busy ALL day. Except for the period of time where I just sat on my butt cause nobody was there to show me what to do... which was kind of annoying. I got up super early to make sure I was there on time, so not only did I arrive 25 minutes early for my assignment (at 7:35), I didn't really start working until after 9. Ugh. At least I got a chance to catch up on a back issue of Keyboard Magazine. :-)

The job was OK, but very high stress for someone like me who wants to make sure I'm doing everything right and that nobody was getting ticked off at me. Lots of customers calling in, asking questions I didn't know the answers to, etc. Plus I have 7 salesmen all waiting for their next sale, and if I don't refer people in the order I'm supposed to, they get a little antsy. Of course, nobody really told me that until the end of the day, but that's OK. I rolled with it. Overall everyone their is super nice and I'm finding that people out here are just generally in a better mood. Don't know why that is, exactly... but it's possible that it could be the lack of DC Beltway traffic. :-)

Job fair tomorrow... will keep you posted...

"Call me, aaaahhhhh, call me... call me any, any time... "

No comments: