Friday, June 8, 2007

My list

OK - so here's what I'm thankful for... in no particular order...

1) My wife Sarah who loves me unconditionally
2) My son Ethan who cracks me up, tries my patience and keeps me young
3) My family who supports and loves me
4) My puppies who make me laugh
5) The ability to earn money to support my family
6) The opportunity to go down the road to a grocery store to by food for my fridge
7) To be in a country as great as the United States and to be free
8) Civil servants who keep us safe and out of harm's way
9) The ability to worship God the way I want to
10) The ability to play, hear and feel music

... and now comes the food part of the list...

11) Cheesesteaks
12) Good beer. (And I mean GOOD beer -- not that swill that passes for beer in most bars)
13) Coffee
14) Good beer. (i.e. Guinness, Newcastle, Blue Moon, Sierra Nevada, etc)
15) More good beer. (i.e. Loose Cannon, Dark Island and tons I haven't even tried yet)
16) Mom's Chocolate-Bottom Cupcakes, Sloppy Joes and Green Lime-Pineapple Jello
17) A warm meal on a cold wintry night
18) Ice cream, any kind will do
19) Ruth's Chris Steak House
20) Brats on the grill

... and to round out the first 25...

21) A roof over my head, a car to drive and clothes to wear
22) Things I take for granted too often that I may not even realize are blessings
23) Friends who share my disappointments, revel in my triumphs and keep me fueled
24) Journey's Crossing, where I met some of my closest friends, not to mention my wife
25) Time away from the hustle and bustle of life when I can de-stress and reconnect...

More to come... (the next 25)

"Makin' a list, and checkin' it twice..."

1 comment:

Deb said...

Ken sez
In terms of beer, you have certainly moved to a better place. MoCo stinks
d (and k)